Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gold Coast baby!

So it is official...ITU has approved the switch and I am officially going to Gold Coast Australia for the World Champs Series Finale to represent the USA!! I am going in a domestique role to help make sure the big boys are in the right places on the bike and maybe try and help someone break off the front. This is an awesome opportunity for me to get to travel, represent the US, and continue to gain experience in the crazy world of draft-legal. I am so stoked to get to go, but for now have to stay focused because I am in Chicago and racing the Chicago Triathlon tomorrow at 11:15 CST. Should be a good one, all the big names are here but I am feeling good and think that this could be a good showing for me.

Last night Kristen, Jimmy, and myself went with Jenna Shoemaker and Blue Seventy to the Fleet Feet store in Old Town to do a Q&A with people here in town. There was an MC that asked us all a bunch of questions and then we took questions from the audience. Most of them were first timers or less experienced racers but it was great. They had some really good ?'s and I think that we were able to give them some good answers. If nothing else, it was fun and we met some really nice people who are extremely excited about our sport. Afterwords, went out for pizza with Shawn of Blue Seventy at Bacino's, awesome pizza! 

Today, get in a good warm up sesh, dial in the bike, and head over to the expo to meet some people and go to the pro meeting. Excited for tomorrow...let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

ErinChicago said...

I'm so glad you guys made it to to Fleet Feet! I hope you avoided collisions with the age groupers on the course--I don't understand why the pros/elites don't go out at 6am at the Chicago Tri. Anyway, thanks again for the talk at Fleet Feet. Good luck with the rest of your season!