Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanks I should be giving

I know it is a day late, but none the less I feel like I should do the standard "Things I am thankful for." For starters I am living a dream. Every day I wake up and get to continue chasing my dreams of greatness as a triathlete and there are plenty of people I need to thank for that.

Most of all thanks to my family, Kit, Bob, and Brandon, for their never ending love and support. They have backed my decision to forgo a 9-5 and chase my dreams, and for that I will forever be grateful. Thanks to my friends for supporting me and always making sure I remember how good I have it. Thanks to my coaches, Grant and Neal, for continuing to help make my dreams a reality, and my sponsors for making sure I have the tools I need. Finally, thanks to all the people that have ever believed in me and my dreams, and when those little doubts creep in, for making sure I always think it all the way through.

I am thankful for my health and that of all my friends and family. I sometimes wish I could get a replacement foot, but it is getting better all the time. I am thankful for the wonderful role models I have, who keep me on the right track and help me along the way. I am thankful for being a Hawkeye and love being a part of everything IOWA. I am thankful for having the ability to live every day to the fullest, and making the most of every situation.

What are you thankful for? Have you told them lately...

No comments: