Thursday, October 22, 2009

Athlete's toughest test

Whether you are an athlete of the professional variety or simply a weekend warrior to me it seems that injuries and coming back from them is the hardest part of training. Everyone knows how to put in the hard work, and do the extra little things to get to their goals, but it is holding back, or doing a little less that always seems like the really hard part.

My foot is definitely on the mend, and I have solved a lot of the problems, however, now that I am trying to get back into running a bit things are not progressing as fast as I would like. But then again do they ever? It isn't quite as pain free as I would hope, and I can't seem to find the right shoe combination to give me the cushion and support I need but allow my foot to move so as not to cause a return of plantar. At this point it is a work in progress but none the less their is progress. Stay focused on the positive and keep riding and swimming hard. Spend plenty of time on the run this winter.

No comments: