Thursday, September 3, 2009

Headed Down Under

Today I am off to Australia to eventually race the WCS finale in Gold Coast. I can't tell you how excited I am to have the opportunity to be racing in the biggest ITU race of the year, but also to go to the race as a cog in the wheel to try and get one of the Americans on the podium. With guys like Jared, Matt and Mark all going well this could be the best chance an American team has had to podium and also get a couple guys in the top 10. My job will be to try and make sure every one is safe and in the group and then who knows...you'll have to watch the race, ha.

It will also be a cool trip because as I said I leave today but the race isn't until the 12th. Meaning I will be in Gold Coast for about a week just training and hanging out. It should be an awesome trip, hopefully will get to see a little bit of what is there, although don't think I will be doing much surfing until after the race.

Hopefully, there will be a computer in the hotel or one of the guys is bringing a lap top ( I live in the dark ages with a desktop) and I will be able to let everyone know how it is going. You will be able to keep track of me here, my twitter at camdyetri, and make sure to watch the race on the 12th. For those in the states that will still be the 11th. Wish me luck, GO USA!

No comments: